That’s five days in the cold, the rain, sleeping on the hard sidewalks of New York City…
What? That doesn’t sound like something you would do? Well, that’s because you didn’t have One Direction in your day!
The boy band performed on the Today Show this morning and screaming girls have been lining up since last Thursday to wait in line so they could be front and center when Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn took the stage.
What does it take to wait on line in the middle of a New York City sidewalk out in the elements without shower or bathroom, or creature comforts? We decided to head out and ask just that!
We talked to the very first girls in line who have been waiting since last Thursday…
Some of the girls we spoke to started lining up since last Thursday. That’s 115 hours camping out in NYC! But that wasn’t really the topic they wanted to talk about; they got really excited when asked who their favorite member of the band is, and they ALL had a different favorite!
But what do they think the worst part is about standing in line for so long? Obviously, in the early Winter months, the cold was a big let down. But there’s also the sleepless nights and missing out on work… but who needs rest or money when you have 1D?!
“It’s the One Direction INFECTION!” said one young lady!
To pass the time, the girls brought their guitars… and even played a little ditty for us on the air today! Such devoted fans!
–Kim Berk & Joe Cingrana, Fresh 102.7
TELL US: What is the looooongest line you have ever waited in? Was it for concert tickets, a movie, an amazing BBQ restaurant? Sound off in the comments section below!
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: email@example.com
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: email@example.com
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Did Justin Bieber Trash Post Malone’s Dressing Room?
- Elvis Presley’s Stepbrother Claims His Death was No Accident
- DJ Khaled has Ridiculous Answers to Ridiculous Questions
- This Week on FM Magazine: Police Athletic League (PAL) NYC Summer Playstreets
- Some Prince DNA Claimants’ Documents will be Released