Ed Sheeran Releases “Give Me Love” Video
Ed Sheeran has released an angelic new video for “Give Me Love” from his debut album. The track, written by Sheeran, along with songwriters Jake Gosling and Chris Leonard, is a message of hope that we can find love in others despite our shortcomings.
The video was directed by Emil Nava (Jessie J, Rita Ora). It features Sheeran drinking a cup of coffee in a restaurant while an angel wanders through the city at night. Australian actress Isabel Lucas (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) plays the Cupid-like angel on the fringes, spying on lovers and sharpening her arrows. In spite of her gift for bringing others together, her loneliness brings her to a tragic end.
“Give Me Love” seems to be a hit with fans, who commented using hashtag #givemelovevideo.
#givemelovevideo, an amazing way to end an amazing album! + has been amazing and ed deserves all the successes he’s got on it<3
— Sheeranators+ (@EdsBiggestFans_) November 9, 2012
I personally loved that there wasn’t just straight people in the #givemelovevideo.Love affects everyone after all.
— Ed Sheeran Stateside (@SheeranFamUSA) November 9, 2012
This is the final video and single from my album, it’s been an awesome journey so far #givemelovevideo
— Ed Sheeran (@edsheeran) November 9, 2012
Sheeran has seen his profile and fan base grow after recent collaborations with One Direction and Taylor Swift. The British songwriter will spend some serious time touring America next year, when he goes out with Swift as her opener.
–Cicely C. Mitchell, Hot 95.7/Houston
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ingrid Michaelson Looks To The Past For Inspiration On ‘Time Machine’
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence About Quitting One Direction, Plans Solo Career (Eventually)