A British woman is claiming her real life just wasn’t as good as the book.
The New York Daily News reports that a 41-year-old woman is divorcing her husband all because he didn’t live up to the expectations set by Fifty Shades of Grey.
The woman, who earns more than $600,000 as a high-powered banker, that she attempted to reignite her sex life with E.L. James’ trilogy, but her “boring” husband didn’t comply.
“She thought their sex life had hit a rut — he never remembered Valentine’s Day and he never complimented her on her appearance,” the woman’s divorce lawyer Amanda McAlister told the Daily Mail.
McAlister said her client bought sexy underwear to help seduce her husband, but he didn’t notice. She then started reading the book and asked her husband to do the same. He refused, then went “ballistic” and blamed her for ruining their marriage.
The attorney claims this is the first time the book was cited in a divorce hearing.
Is Fifty Shades of Grey a marriage killer?
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 3 Doors Down Manager Explains Decision to Play Trump Inauguration
- Jennifer Lopez Confirms Drake Collaboration
- Ryan Adams Premieres New Track ‘Doomsday’
- Kanye West Not ‘Traditionally American’ Enough for Trump Inauguration
- Train Announce 2017 Tour Dates
- Quincy Jones’ Michael Jackson Lawsuit Moves Forward