Kelly Clarkson Premiers “Catch My Breath” Video
Can you believe it’s been a decade since Kelly Clarkson won American Idol and launched her career as a pop diva? Neither can she. As the singer steps into her 30s and celebrates 10 years of making music, she will release Greatest Hits – Chapter One on November 19.
Clarkson wrote “Catch My Breath” specifically for this album, about putting her first greatest hits collection together. For the video, she chooses an appropriately low-key production. Keeping it simple, we see only Clarkson in a black column gown by Martin Margiela, with key-hole cutouts on top plus a gold belt carefully matched to her ringed fingers and complimenting her hair color, with the wind blowing through her hair on a soundstage. As the video progresses, all four of the elements make an appearance: fire, water, water and Clarkson herself seems to stand in for earth.
She also appears in a black pantsuit and a white, yellow and brown faux fur short sleeved jacket, the latter looking very much like a Rachel Zoe styled item.
Her makeup features light lips and a smokey eye that isn’t heavy. The focus seems to be her eyelashes — they draw you in to give the impression that into the windows of her soul is exactly where Clarkson wants you to look.
This is the most glommed up we’ve seen Clarkson in a video in some time. The singer embraces a grown up look to mark a very grown up moment in her career, to great effect.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay