Justin Bieber has been vocal over the years in his dislike of being compared to Justin Timberlake. In fact, earlier this year he hung up on a radio DJ when the DJ compared his voice to Justin Timberlake’s.
“I’m not trying to sound like anyone. Saying I sound like someone else is not really a compliment. If you were to say, ‘I definitely heard some Justin Timberlake-esque things in your sound’ I would take that as a compliment, but saying that you thought it was Justin Timberlake…” he said.
So, then it comes as a complete surprise when the Biebs decided to cover Timberlake’s “Cry Me A River” over the weekend. But, given the recent rumors of his breakup with Selena Gomez maybe it isn’t that shocking.
While gossip swirled this weekend that the power couple broke up we have to wonder if it’s really true or just another scheme like Bieber having had his computer stolen only to release his “Beauty and a Beat” video with Nicki Minaj.
Perhaps the answers lie within a few Tweets from Selena and Victoria’s Secret model Barbara Palvin.
— Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) November 9, 2012
last time im saying it. please calm down.there is nothing going on w him.i met him and did a pic w him. wouldnt u do the same?:) #friendship
— Barbara Palvin (@BarbaraPalvin) November 10, 2012
With reports from MTV News that Selena and Justin in fact met up while in New York this weekend, I guess we’ll just have to wait until they both address what really happened.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Hosts Fan-Only ‘Reputation’ Playback at Rhode Island Home
- Linkin Park Fans Create Message of Support Ahead of Chester Bennington Tribute
- Michelle Williams Gets Candid on Battle with Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts New Track ‘Meaning of Life’
- Katy Perry Got Stuck On a Floating Prop at Her Nashville Show: Watch
- Charlie Puth Can’t Stop Dancing in ‘How Long’ Music Video