Five Diane Warren Songs That Should Be On Broadway
Producer Dede Harris recently optioned Warren’s song catalogue and plans to create an original Broadway musical based around the songwriter’s catalogue.
There’s no word yet on when this show will premiere, but we have a few ideas about which songs Harris should include in the upcoming musical.
We prefer the actors don’t copy Cher’s style in this video, but the song could be the perfect addition to an introspective scene where the lead character remembers the good ol’ days.
“Un-Break My Heart” Toni Braxton
Perhaps the main character in this musical lost the love of his or her life in a terrible accident, they’ll certainly need a song to help signify this moment. What better song to express agonizing grief to than this one? If Harris is struggling for ideas, she could check out Toni’s video, which features a deadly motorcycle accident. Might help her flesh out some plot lines.
“Rhythm of the Night” DeBarge
Because we don’t want this show to be a complete downer we throw in this one to liven things up. Hopefully, this will also mean this show will have an elaborate dance number. Jazz hands please!
No Broadway musical of Diane Warren’s work would be complete without a little Celine. Enough said.
Yes, it’s a little cheesy, but Broadway doesn’t care. On stage, this song would become a soaring love song that would command the stage. There wouldn’t be a dry eye in the house, which conveniently enough is another Diane Warren song recorded by Meat Loaf. Using life size animal crackers as props is strictly optional, but definitely recommended.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Katy Perry Explains That ‘Mean Girls’ Tweet Everyone Thinks is About Taylor Swift
- Katy Perry Goes Beast Mode at Super Bowl Press Conference
- Taylor Swift Hacker Claims to Have Nude Photos for Sale
- Jared Leto’s Ups and Downs: The Good, the Bad & the Totally Crazy
- Adam Lambert Unveils Next Album Title: ‘The Original High’
- Tom Petty Addresses ‘That Sam Smith Thing,’ Laments That News Picked Up the Story