Five Diane Warren Songs That Should Be On Broadway
Producer Dede Harris recently optioned Warren’s song catalogue and plans to create an original Broadway musical based around the songwriter’s catalogue.
There’s no word yet on when this show will premiere, but we have a few ideas about which songs Harris should include in the upcoming musical.
We prefer the actors don’t copy Cher’s style in this video, but the song could be the perfect addition to an introspective scene where the lead character remembers the good ol’ days.
“Un-Break My Heart” Toni Braxton
Perhaps the main character in this musical lost the love of his or her life in a terrible accident, they’ll certainly need a song to help signify this moment. What better song to express agonizing grief to than this one? If Harris is struggling for ideas, she could check out Toni’s video, which features a deadly motorcycle accident. Might help her flesh out some plot lines.
“Rhythm of the Night” DeBarge
Because we don’t want this show to be a complete downer we throw in this one to liven things up. Hopefully, this will also mean this show will have an elaborate dance number. Jazz hands please!
No Broadway musical of Diane Warren’s work would be complete without a little Celine. Enough said.
Yes, it’s a little cheesy, but Broadway doesn’t care. On stage, this song would become a soaring love song that would command the stage. There wouldn’t be a dry eye in the house, which conveniently enough is another Diane Warren song recorded by Meat Loaf. Using life size animal crackers as props is strictly optional, but definitely recommended.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- An Animated Questlove Chases Patti LaBelle and Fried Chicken: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert Attempt to Sell Michael Stipe at a Yard Sale
- University of Pennsylvania Frat Suspended for Holiday Card with Beyoncé Sex Doll
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign