Cee Lo Green is no longer speaking on the sexual assault allegations because he may be forced to do so in court. The rapper/singer, who was accused of taking advantage of the a woman in a Los Angeles hotel room after slipping her MDMA, still maintains his innocence.
“Given that the matter is under investigation, we obviously cannot speak as freely as we like,” said a spokesperson via statement. “What we can say is that these allegations are despicable, untrue, and deeply hurtful to Cee Lo, his children and his family.”
The statement went on to paint Cee Lo as the victim in the case.
“We are confident that when all the facts come out, it will be clear that if anyone was victimized here it was Cee Lo. In the meantime, Cee Lo is deeply grateful for the overwhelming support has received from his fans, his friends, and his colleagues.”
In October the first reports surfaced, in which Green was accused of sexual assault. Cee Lo has stayed consistent in his claim of innocence.
“Nothing ever happened there [at a restaurant believed to be a site of interest] or anywhere else,” he said.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Why Meghan Trainor Should Win the Best New Artist GRAMMY
- What’s the Best Justin Bieber Song for Getting Down? Ask Hailey Baldwin
- Watch Little Mix’s New Video for ‘Secret Love Song’ Featuring Jason Derulo
- Chicago Release Official Statement on Peter Cetera
- Carly Rae Jepsen Covers ‘Full House’ Theme in New Trailer
- Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour 2016