Carrie Underwood Donates Concert Earnings To Superstorm Sandy Relief
During her show in Atlantic City, New Jersey this past Friday, Carrie Underwood told the crowd that she would donate all her earnings from that night’s show to relief efforts in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” Underwood said from the stage at Boardwalk Hall, as reported by the Press of Atlantic City. “So anything I make is going right back into the community here.”
“You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on,” she said. “We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason.”
Thank you beautiful Atlantic City! You all made my year! You have been through so much and still rocked the house! I leave in awe! Thanks!
— Carrie Underwood (@carrieunderwood) November 10, 2012
Charity is certainly in this singer’s blood, as Carrie is also donating one dollar from each ticket sold on her Blown Away Tour to the Red Cross.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You