During her show in Atlantic City, New Jersey this past Friday, Carrie Underwood told the crowd that she would donate all her earnings from that night’s show to relief efforts in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” Underwood said from the stage at Boardwalk Hall, as reported by the Press of Atlantic City. “So anything I make is going right back into the community here.”
“You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on,” she said. “We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason.”
Thank you beautiful Atlantic City! You all made my year! You have been through so much and still rocked the house! I leave in awe! Thanks!
— Carrie Underwood (@carrieunderwood) November 10, 2012
Charity is certainly in this singer’s blood, as Carrie is also donating one dollar from each ticket sold on her Blown Away Tour to the Red Cross.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- J-Lo and A-Rod’s Instagram Birthday Party Continues
- Justin Bieber’s Next Movie Role Revealed
- Fresh Fall Fest 2017 ft. Kelly Clarkson, Julia Michaels + James Arthur at the Theater at MSG
- Meghan Trainor is Back in the Studio
- Julia Michaels Debuts Sweet ‘Uh Huh’ Music Video
- Florida Georgia Line & Backstreet Boys to Unite for ‘CMT Crossroads’