During her show in Atlantic City, New Jersey this past Friday, Carrie Underwood told the crowd that she would donate all her earnings from that night’s show to relief efforts in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” Underwood said from the stage at Boardwalk Hall, as reported by the Press of Atlantic City. “So anything I make is going right back into the community here.”
“You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on,” she said. “We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason.”
Thank you beautiful Atlantic City! You all made my year! You have been through so much and still rocked the house! I leave in awe! Thanks!
— Carrie Underwood (@carrieunderwood) November 10, 2012
Charity is certainly in this singer’s blood, as Carrie is also donating one dollar from each ticket sold on her Blown Away Tour to the Red Cross.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What’s The Craziest Diet You’ve Tried That Actually Worked?
- Rihanna Wins Harvard’s Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Sinead O’Connor Apologizes for Accusing Arsenio Hall of Giving Prince Drugs
- Bebe Rexha Salutes Destiny’s Child in ‘Late Late Show’ Performance
- Zedd & Alessia Cara Drop New Track ‘Stay’
- Watch One of Katy Perry’s Little Houses Fall Offstage at Brit Awards