This Week On FM Magazine: American Red Cross of Greater New York
Deb Gordon’s guest was Josh Lockwood, CEO of The American Red Cross of Greater New York, which is a nonprofit humanitarian organization led by volunteers, that provides relief to individuals affected by disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
Discussed were the Red Cross relief efforts underway to help the tri-state area recover after Hurricane Sandy which includes the provision of a myriad of relief supplies, food, and water to those affected by the storm and their work with government officials to identify and serve the greatest need.
Mr. Lockwood shared stories about people he has met who have been adversely affected by the storm and relayed their frustrations, but also their triumph of spirit. He assured listeners that the Red Cross, along with their partners, would persevere until they have helped anyone in the tri state area and across the eastern seaboard who has been distressed by Hurricane Sandy
Mr. Lockwood also thanked the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut communities for their donations thus far, which will go a long way towards helping families rebuild their lives after the storm; thanked the volunteers who have given time away from their families and from their jobs to do important, great work; and discussed how the positive feedback from the community helps carry the Red Cross staffers and volunteers through the difficult mission of helping those affected regain their lives.
For more information about all that The American Red Cross of Greater New York is doing and to volunteer, visit www.nyredcross.org. To text a donation to help the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, text REDCROSS to 90999.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell Williams Draws from Manga, Video Games for ‘It Girl’ Video: Watch
- Rock in Rio Comes to Vegas: Metallica, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, No Doubt to Headline
- Lady Gaga After Tel Aviv Show: ‘The World View of Israel is Just Not Reality’
- Sam Smith Offers a Day in His Life with ‘Restart’ Video: Watch
- Beyoncé Handles Central Park Wardrobe Malfunction with Unparalleled Grace
- Hear Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Cover of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’