Before Mariah Carey joined American Idol for a whopping $17 million, pop princess Britney Spears was hired on the X Factorfor a record-breaking $15 million and earning the title of highest paid judge in reality television. Britney’s name alone has pulled in record ratings whenever she appeared on television so Simon Cowell figured it would work out in favor of the struggling reality singing show. Unfortunately, things haven’t gone as he expected.
The second season’s ratings have dropped and Britney is said to be part of the blame. People claim she isn’t a credible judge and that $15 million is too much to pay someone who doesn’t technically “have the credentials.” However, with the struggling ratings, Simon was able to convince Fox to carry the show for a third season, kicking off next year!
Will Britney Spears join in for the third season?
When she was asked about it on the red carpet last night at a party for the finalists, she had a very clear answer.
“Yes, I definitely will.”
-Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Andrew McMahon’s ‘Fire Escape’ Video Stars Two Lovable Dancing Balloons
- Mary J. Blige Challenges Hillary Clinton with Bruce Springsteen Cover
- The Will & Grace Reunion Was Everything We Hoped for and More
- The Lumineers Announce 2017 Tour Dates
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- Katy Perry Gets Naked to Get Out the Vote