The Wanted, Colbie Caillat & Carly Rae Jepsen To Perform At Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
Some of music’s biggest artists will be performing in New York during Macy’s 86th Annual Thanksgiving Day parade on November 22nd.
Californian singer Colbie Caillat told MTV News about her excitement to be a part of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
“I’ve been watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade since I was a little girl, and never thought that I would be there on such a fun day, on a float with all those fantastic balloons and New Yorkers lining the street,” Caillat said. “I am so excited to perform and give my support for the great city as it recovers from Hurricane Sandy.”
For artists like Carly Rae and The Wanted this is just working on a Thursday since neither are American and don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. Jepsen celebrates Canada’s Thanksgiving Day the second Monday of October and the UK’s the Wanted they don’t have Thanksgiving at all. But they do celebrate the wheat harvest on Lammas Day, which is August 1st.
-E.J. Judge, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch
- Lena Dunham Says Taylor Swift’s New Bonus Track is Her ‘Someday Wedding Song’
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen