Mumford & Sons Prepare For Tuesday Webcast
But none rival the stratospheric success enjoyed by Marcus Mumford and his jangle-happy band. Earning their popularity the old-fashioned way, Mumford & Sons toured incessantly upon the release of their 2010 debut, Sigh No More. Their music reflects growing trends towards more authentic, retro-Americana lifestyles and aesthetics — even though it’s straight out of England.
- SEE ALSO: Win Front Row Tix for Mumford & Sons
- SEE ALSO ALSO: Mumford & Sons Perform In Hoboken, NJ [PHOTOS]
“Well, it just seemed natural to play our music our way,” Marcus Mumford told Music Snobbery back in 2010. “I don’t think we can form any other type of band but this. We don’t have to try hard to sound like we do. It’s actuality, we didn’t feel like we were apart from the music scene at all. We make music our own way. It’s essential to who we really are.”
After a breakout performance at the 2011 Grammy Awards, where they played alongside folk contemporaries the Avett Brothers and the legendary Bob Dylan, Mumford & Sons’ profile grew exponentially, leading to the enormous success of their second album, Babel. Selling more than 600,000 copies in its first week of release, the band’s current sold-out U.S. tour proves that the gentle sound of Mumford & Sons will be sweetening the airwaves for a while.
Tune in Tuesday, November 13th at 10AM PST/1PM EST as Mumford & Sons webcast a very intimate performance along with question and answer session. Watch the exclusive webcast here.
— Mumford & Sons (@MumfordAndSons) November 9, 2012
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- An Animated Questlove Chases Patti LaBelle and Fried Chicken: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert Attempt to Sell Michael Stipe at a Yard Sale