Jared Leto On New 30 Seconds To Mars Album: “This Could Be The Best Thing We’ve Ever Done”
Scheduled for release sometime in 2013, the as-yet-unnamed album would be the band’s fourth album, and first since 2009 full-length This Is War, which has been certified platinum (over 1 million copies sold) and peaked at #9 on the Billboard charts.
“It will be stronger, better, more evolved. It’s a complete transformation for us,” Leto said, as reported by Gigwise.” [We have] cut out a lot of fat and focused on the core of what we do. I really think that this could be the best thing we’ve ever done.”
Earlier in the year, Leto told Rolling Stone that he’d already written 50 songs for the next album, including some with Morgan Kibby, best known as keyboard player and vocalist for French bliss-wave rockers M83.
“She came by and was playing some synths and doing some programming,” Leto revealed. “She’s a real talent. We’re working with some interesting people.”
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best