November 6, 2012 was a memorial day for the United States of America, regardless of where your political views lie. You either believe America will continue on a road toward prosperity or take us speeding down a highway to hell.
Regardless, this is not the place for us to share those thoughts.
President Barack Obama addressed his entire campaign team following his victory over Mitt Romney and half way through it, the POTUS broke down a little bit. His emotions got the best of him. The man choked up and a few tears ran down his face. You can watch his entire speech here, but this GIF will give you an idea:
This got us thinking: what are some great songs that make you cry for a good reason? Here are a few that we’ve dubbed the “Emotional Obama Playlist.”
“Well, I’m going home, back to the place where I belong and where your love has always been enough for me.”
“You Raise Me Up”
“I am strong, when I am on your shoulders.You raise me up to more than I can be.”
“Somewhere Over the Rainbow”
“I’ll watch them bloom for me and you. And I think to myself what a wonderful world.”
- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole cover
“Just know you’re not alone ’cause I’m going to make this place your home.”
“I Won’t Give Up”
“I won’t give up on us. Even if the skies get rough I’m giving you all my love.”I’m surrounded by your embrace. Baby I can see your halo. You know you’re my saving grace. You’re everything I need and more.
“I’m surrounded by your embrace. Baby I can see your halo. You know you’re my saving grace.You’re everything I need and more.”
What songs can you think of that make you cry in the best of ways? Tell us in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- KISS, The Monoculture & Daft Punk’s Quest For Classic Album Status With ‘Random Access Memories’
- New Music To Know: Laura Mvula’s Unexpected World Of ‘Orchestral Soul’
- Avril Lavigne Goes To Marilyn Manson For Music And Style Advice
- Francis Bean Cobain Calls Out Kendall Jenner On Twitter
- Style Files: Beyoncé Curates Rent The Runway Boutique
- Carly Rae Jepsen Enlists Fans’ Help For New Song ‘Take A Picture’