Brooke Burke-Charvet wanted to make sure you heard it straight from her.
In the clip, which she filmed in her bedroom, Burke-Charvet explains that she will soon have surgery to remove the cancerous nodule, which will result in a prominent scar on her throat.
“I don’t get to just walk around and pretend like nothing happened or not follow up or not share, because [the scar] is going to be pretty much dead center,” she explained. “I didn’t want anyone to read about it and get the wrong idea or think that I’m sick, because I’m not.”
The TV personality says she is making a positive out of a negative.
“I am going to be a really good patient and I am going to do everything I need to do,” she said. “I booked my surgery and it’s taken me a couple months to really wrap my head around this.”
When news broke, her DWTS friends started sending their thoughts and prayers to Burke-Charvet via Twitter.
I love u @brookeburke!! Stay strong. Will be praying for u and sending u lots of positive energy!!!—
Cheryl Burke (@CherylBurke) November 08, 2012
Holly Robinson Peete (@hollyrpeete) November 08, 2012
.@brookeburke Love you and proud of you! I'm with you if you need anything at all and can't wait to laugh about this life's little hiccup! ❤—
Maksim Chmerkovskiy (@MaksimC) November 08, 2012
Gilles Marini (@GillesMarini) November 08, 2012
Carrie Ann Inaba (@carrieanninaba) November 08, 2012
In the end though, Burke-Charvet says fans shouldn’t worry about her.
“As crazy as it is, my head is in the right place,” she said, “and it’s gonna be good.”
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Linkin Park Will Live Stream Chester Bennington Tribute Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Ed Sheeran Says Substance Abuse Contributed to Hiatus from Music
- Mariah Carey Unveils New Christmas Song ‘The Star’
- Niall Horan Shares Acoustic Version of ‘Flicker’ Title Track