McKnight, who’s last album, Just Me, came out in 2011, admitted that before working with her, he couldn’t pick her out of a lineup.
“We were on a plane together, and I didn’t realize who she was ’cause I don’t know anybody’s face,” he recalls. “We started talking, then she came by my house and we wrote this really great tune.”
So will his twelfth album be more “Bubbly” then “If You’re Ready To Learn”?
McKnight says yes and made it clear the lewd track that went viral back in April will not be included on Words.
Though he admits the song was all a big joke, he doesn’t think the track was all bad.
“I had gotten to this point where I felt like, ‘Is that what people want to listen to?’ That’s what I was hearing in the clubs, so I did it as a parody, as me being funny,” he explained. “I think it’s one of the cleverest songs I’ve written. Yeah, my music has been clean, but if anyone thought I was just this nice boy who’d never been with a woman or did anything, they’re idiots.”
Are you interested in hearing the Colbie and Brian collaboration?
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Record Turnout for God’s Love We Deliver’s Midsummer Night Drinks
- A Great Big World Adds Flair To Pop Music
- Gavin DeGraw Channels Mumford & Sons On New Song ‘Best I Ever Had’
- Beyonce’s New Album Isn’t Coming As Soon As We Think, Ne-Yo Claims
- Sara Bareilles Shows Support For Same-Sex Marriage: ‘We’re Behind The Times & We’ve Got To Catch Up’
- Miley Cyrus Lets Her Freak Flag Fly For ‘We Can’t Stop’ Video