Sheryl Crow Wants A ‘Woman In The White House’
Never mind all the hullabaloo around this year’s election–Sheryl Crow is looking to the next round and beyond.
At least, that is, if the new song and video she just released this week is any indication.
With “Woman In The White House,” Ms. Crow states her case plain and simple that it’s about time the male monopoly on the top job was brought to an end.
“We’ve seen what the good ol’ boys can do,” she sings against a plucky, peppy, country-based arrangement. “Now it’s our turn to take a shot.”
For starters, Crow sings, “there’d be a lot less fussing and fighting and carrying on” and a good deal more “loving and listening and getting along.”
Whether you agree with Crow’s words, this recent election proved that America is ready to see more women in power.
The 113th Congress will have at least 20 female senators, the most ever in U.S. history. These women include Democrats Elizabeth Warren from Massachusetts, Tammy Baldwin from Wisconsin–who is also the first openly gay person to be elected–and Mazie Hirono from Hawaii, All of these women are the first female Senators from their states.
Listen to Sheryl’s new song below and let us know what you think.
“Woman In The White House” is available now on iTunes, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the American Red Cross.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together