Adam Lambert Pays Tribute To Whitney On VH1 Divas Live
Adam Lambert will soon be channeling his inner diva as emcee of 2012’s biggest dance party.
The American Idol alum is joining this year’s VH1’s Divas Live, airing December 16, as the host who will help wrangle the night’s divas-in-training. The lineup includes Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland, Jordin Sparks and R&B singer Ciara.
“I’m so thrilled to be hosting VH1 Divas this year,” Lambert said in a statement. “I have a feeling it’s going to be the most fabulous concert of the year! And LIVE!! Get ready for some amazing performances, killer fashion and fierce divas!”
The ladies will get everyone on their feet with performances of their biggest hits, but the night will also pay tribute to two divas that have left us, Whitney Houston and Donna Summer, who both died earlier this year. The new class of young stars will try their hand at some of the unforgettable dance hits that made these two women legends.
Ticket proceeds from Divas Live will raise money for the VH1 Save The Music Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to keeping music education in public schools.
Since 1998, when Divas premiered, the star-studded concert has provided nearly $50 million dollars in new musical instruments to 1,850 public schools throughout the country.
Watch Adam and his ladies live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on Sunday, December 16 at 9 pm EST on VH1.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ella Henderson on Taking Inspiration from Mermaids and Valentino in Style Files
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- Madonna Calls Taylor Swift the ‘Princess’ of Pop, Now Taylor Swift is ‘Dead’
- How Phillip Phillips’ Lawsuit Will Expose and Change ‘American Idol’
- Elton John & ‘True Blood’ Creator Alan Ball to Write Musical Pilot For HBO
- Nick Jonas Joins ‘Scream Queens’ Cast with Ariana Grande