Big news out of the hard rockin’ Queens of the Stone Age camp today, as it was confirmed that Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters) has been laying down drum tracks for a new QOTSA album, presently due for an early 2013 release.
As reported by Antiquiet, QOTSA frontman Josh Homme announced that the band’s drummer Joey Castillo had departed the band on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show. The band also posted a photo on their Facebook page showing a recording console with “Dave Drums” written above one of the channels.
The as-yet-unnamed new album will be the band’s first since 2007 release Era Vulgaris. Grohl has a long history with Homme and company, playing drums on Songs For the Deaf, the breakout 2002 release that was recently certified platinum (more than one million copies sold).
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Body Image on New Track ‘Whole Lotta Woman’
- Rihanna Likes Her Men Dressed in Black
- What’s the Song in the New ‘Black Panther’ Trailer?
- Watch Bruno Mars Perform ‘Just the Way You Are’ in Spanish
- Sia Details ‘Everyday is Christmas’ Album
- What Is The Stupidest Thing You’ve Ever Stolen?