Mariah Carey Writes a Song For Obama
Producer Jermaine Dupri leaked word of the track on Twitter, letting fans know Mariah had written a song specifically for Obama.
The song “Bring It On Home” is a gospel-tinged anthem that pumps up the President’s ability to bring the American people together.
Mariah sings, “When it comes down to win or lose, don’t give up the fight. Because strength is what we need and love can save our lives.”
But Mariah wasn’t the only one writing music in honor of Obama.
Will.i.am also tweeted last night about a song he wrote for the President. This is the Black Eyed Pea’s second song dedicated to the President. The first was “It’s A New Day,” which was written before his historic win four years ago.
In 2008 I wrote "its a new day" 1week before @BarackObama won...and last week I wrote another victory song...it will be out in 1week—
will.i.am (@iamwill) November 07, 2012
You can listen to Mariah’s new song here.
What do you think of her song for the President?
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy