The Material Girl claimed at a recent tour stop in Minnesota that she asked Gaga to join her onstage, but Mother Monster declined.
Madonna claims there are no hard feelings over the brush off, but her onstage rant seems to say otherwise.
“I have the best fans in the whole world. So take that, Lady Gaga!” Madonna told the crowd.
She then continued by saying, “You know, I invited her onstage to sing with me. But, she turned me down. It’s okay. I’ve been rejected before. It builds a little character.”
Earlier this year, Madonna said Gaga’s “Born This Way” was “reductive” of her hit “Express Yourself.“ Throughout her tour Madge has been performing her own mash-up of the two songs.
She also called out Gaga on a Brazilian TV show where she said, “I’m a really big fan of ["Born This Way"]. I’m glad that I could help Gaga write it.”
Of course Gaga has not been taking these jabs lying down. Instead she responded to Madonna’s antics by simply giving her take on the elder pop star’s motives.
“It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves … to put other people down or make fun of them, or maybe make mockery of their work,” she said.
Do you think Gaga should have taken Madonna’s olive branch?
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’