Got $50K Lying Around? Buy Radiohead’s Early Demo Cassettes
Before Radiohead named themselves Radiohead, the British lads were known as On A Friday, Shindig and Manic Hedgehog. One lucky bloke got his hands the band’s early demo cassettes.
An eBay top-rated seller known as Extremely Rare Records is offering the incredibly rare 4-cassette collection for the low low Buy-It-Now price of only $49,999.
What’s included in the sale price? Will Thom Yorke stop by your house for a private concert? Sorry, the buyer receives free shipping. Looking for a concise description of the quality and authenticity? You won’t find one. The seller’s only comment is “Greatest band in the world.” But according to the seller’s laundry list of positive customer feedback, chances are good that the cassettes are legit.
According to Stereogum, a few of the cassettes include rough versions of songs that would later make it onto Pablo Honey, Radiohead’s first major label release.
— Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You