Mumford & Sons Release Powerful Video For “Lover Of The Light”
Mumford & Sons are letting England shine in their new video for “Lover Of The Light.” The folk group enlisted the help of premiere British actor Idris Elba to star in and co-direct the clip. For fans of The Wire and anglophiles who keep a close eye on BBC America, Elba is a familiar face. He starred as Stringer Bell in the critically acclaimed HBO show over two seasons. He’s also the titular character in the BBC’s mini-series Luther, for which he won a Golden Globe in 2012.
Elba is accompanied by co-director Dan Candan, who has assisted in a few tour docs for Madonna along with several British film shorts.
— Idris Elba (@idriselba) November 5, 2012
The clip finds Elba enlivened by a British sunrise, waking up to the rays of the sun. He seems to chatter to himself while making breakfast and frolicking in the countryside. It is unclear if he is deeply attuned to nature or slightly off his rocker, thinking himself to be a deer in the wild. As the clip proceeds it becomes unclear if Elba is even in the wilderness in reality or simply suffering a bought of dissociative disorder.
The message is one of man’s suffering at his unhealthy disconnection from nature. Much more harrowing than expected from the uptempo song, but punctuated by the excellent acting skills of Elba.
–Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jennifer Lopez’s Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- Photos: Charlotte Church Gets Weird, Goes All Sci-Fi In London
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music
- Adam Lambert Will Join Queen On Upcoming North American Tour
- Lady Gaga to Headline Intimate Show at SXSW
- Taylor Swift: Inside the ACM Entertainer of the Year Nominees