Looking for a Way to Help Those Who Were Hit the Hardest by Hurricane Sandy?
One of the things I truly love about living in New York City is the way we all pull together to help others when something devastating happens.
I was without power for five days thanks to Hurricane Sandy and I consider myself incredibly lucky that is all I had to contend with. The images on TV of those in Staten Island, the Rockaways, New Jersey and all of the hardest hit areas are absolutely heartbreaking. They have lost so much and even people who had everything before the storm have nothing now.
But, so many people have banded together to help those in need. Seeing the NYC Marathon runners out in Staten Island yesterday using the race time to help people clean out their basements made me so proud to live here. Want to help?
That’s easy! Randy Dresner the President & CEO of Island Harvest told us exactly what they need the most of…and it’s items you might not have thought of…garbage bags, personal care items, cleaning supplies, masks, batteries, water, pet food, games for kids and so much more…
–Kim Berk, Fresh 102.7
Sandy In Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Hits Hard On Staten Island
- People Doing Everything BUT Stay Inside During Sandy
More Sandy Content:
- Chopper 23 vs Sandy – Amazing Staten Island Aerial Rescues
- Recovery Mix: Songs To Help You Clean Up After Sandy
- Picking Up the Emotional Pieces After Sandy
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: email@example.com
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: email@example.com
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too!
Read More On Fresh1027.com: