Katy Perry, Neil Diamond and Stevie Wonder Perform For Obama
With only a few days left until the election Katy once again went out there and sang for the President. The singer, dressed in a shimmery blue dress that screamed Obama’s re-election slogan, Forward, and hugged all her curves, performed for more than 20,000 people in Milwaukee, WI.
Matthews, along with a nearly voiceless Bill Clinton, came out on Saturday (November 3) in Virginia, while John Mellencamp performed in Debuque, Iowa.
Diamond’s performance at Obama’s California headquarters where supporters were manning the phones was completely impromptu. The singer, along with Burt Bacharach, plugged in their microphones to sing “Sweet Carolina,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
But Diamond didn’t pack up and leave right after the song was over, instead he stayed to help with the phones.
The singer even tweeted a photo of himself, telephone in hand, to let people know it was really him.
Neil Diamond (@NeilDiamond) November 05, 2012
Wonder, who wrote an original song for Obama, performed “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” after the President spoke in Cincinnati, Ohio.
He changed up the lyrics to the song, which has become Obama’s campaign anthem, turning the chorus into a cheer of “Let’s vote for President Obama.”
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Will Not Sing About Exes, Air Dirty Laundry on ‘1989’
- Listen to a Preview of Ariana Grande’s ‘Too Close’
- 7 Videos That Led Director Mark Romanek to Taylor Swift
- Stream a Preview of Ariana Grande’s New Album ‘My Everything’
- Q&A: Joel Madden of Madden Brothers and the New Revolution of ‘We Are Done’
- Sam Smith: Tinder is ‘Ruining Romance’