Christina Aguilera should prepare herself to be the viral video of the week.
On Friday night she performed her single “Your Body” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. This wasn’t your usual performance though. She piled into Jimmy’s office along with The Roots to play her single with a unique set of instruments.
Jimmy dialed numbers on his iPhone to re-create the intro to the song, while The Roots used office supplies to back up Xtina. The band used everything from pencils and paper to scissors and water jugs to make the music. Roots drummer Questlove even used the pick from his fro to tap against his water cup.
— Christina Aguilera (@TheRealXtina) November 3, 2012
Meanwhile, Christina proved the power of her vocals and stressed that she doesn’t need a backup track. She even went back and forth on the chorus with Jimmy, trading off singing “I think you already know my name.”
— Christina Aguilera (@TheRealXtina) November 2, 2012
This isn’t the first time Late Night With Jimmy Fallon has done one of these performances. Earlier this year Carly Rea Jepsen performed “Call Me Maybe” with Jimmy and The Roots on children’s instruments.
-A.J. Gordon, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Andrew McMahon’s ‘Fire Escape’ Video Stars Two Lovable Dancing Balloons
- The Will & Grace Reunion Was Everything We Hoped for and More
- The Lumineers Announce 2017 Tour Dates
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- Katy Perry Gets Naked to Get Out the Vote
- Selena Gomez Becomes First with 100 Million Instagram Followers