Christina Aguilera should prepare herself to be the viral video of the week.
On Friday night she performed her single “Your Body” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. This wasn’t your usual performance though. She piled into Jimmy’s office along with The Roots to play her single with a unique set of instruments.
Jimmy dialed numbers on his iPhone to re-create the intro to the song, while The Roots used office supplies to back up Xtina. The band used everything from pencils and paper to scissors and water jugs to make the music. Roots drummer Questlove even used the pick from his fro to tap against his water cup.
— Christina Aguilera (@TheRealXtina) November 3, 2012
Meanwhile, Christina proved the power of her vocals and stressed that she doesn’t need a backup track. She even went back and forth on the chorus with Jimmy, trading off singing “I think you already know my name.”
— Christina Aguilera (@TheRealXtina) November 2, 2012
This isn’t the first time Late Night With Jimmy Fallon has done one of these performances. Earlier this year Carly Rea Jepsen performed “Call Me Maybe” with Jimmy and The Roots on children’s instruments.
-A.J. Gordon, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Britney Spears Wants You to Know She Sings Live
- Lana Del Rey Explains ‘Lust for Life’ Album Title to Stevie Nicks
- Watch Taylor Swift Congratulate Russell Westbrook on NBA MVP
- Drake Stars as Stephen Curry in ‘Get Out’ Parody
- Rihanna, Chance the Rapper and Katy Perry Named Internet’s Most Influential
- Shakira Announces El Dorado World Tour