All last week and continuing this week, Fresh 102.7 and CBS Radio New York are setting up at various locations in the tri-state area with station vans, Academy buses and “fun buses” to collect needed items that will be distributed to aid victims of super storm Sandy.
Main Items Needed:
- Cleaning Supplies: shovels, Garbage bags, gloves, heavy duty brooms, bleach, Lysol….
- Goggles for eye protection
- Face masks
- Batteries: mostly “D” and “AA”
- Blankets – space blankets (also known as a Mylar blanket, first aid blanket, emergency blanket, thermal blanket or weather blanket)
- Anything that produces HEAT!!
RIGHT NOW CLOTHES ARE NOT NEEDED!
LATEST CBS CARES DONATION LOCATIONS:
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13th: 11am – 4pm – LOMAN AUTO (Rte.1 Woodbridge, NJ)
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15th: 11am – 4pm– WESTFIELD GARDEN STATE PLAZA (Paramus, NJ)
More locations to come…
WE ARE LOOKING FOR DROP OFF AREAS FOR THE BRONX DONATIONS AND THE IZOD DONATIONS THAT ARE ANYWHERE SOUTH or SOUTH-WEST from CROTON-ON-HUDSON and along the Hudson river….Please let us know if you know of any!
Photos from our CBS Cares Visits Across the Tri-State:
- Gathering Donations @ Ikea On Sunday [PHOTOS]
- Gathering Donations @ Ikea On Friday [PHOTOS]
- Photos From NYIT in Long Island On Thursday [PHOTOS]
- Photos From Bally Total Fitness, Queens on Thursday! [PHOTOS]
- Photos From Monmouth County, NJ on Wednesday! [PHOTOS]
- Photos From Palisades Center Mall in W. Nyack on Tuesday: [PHOTOS]
Sandy In Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Hits Hard On Staten Island
- Stay Up To Date With Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts HERE >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ringo Starr Announces Fall Tour Dates
- Questlove Blasts Bill O’Reilly for ‘Revisionist’ Slavery Comment
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato Reunite to Perform ‘This Is Me’
- This Week On FM Magazine: Spotlight On ISPA – Wellness, Anyone?
- Are Kanye West and Calvin Harris Collaborating?
- Nas and Erykah Badu Get Real on ‘This Bitter Land’