After being separated for nearly 13 years, Soundgarden is reunited and set to unveil a new, highly anticipated album to an anxious fan base November 13th.
Just hours before the band drops their new album an a salivating audience, the Seattle foursome will take the stage to treat online viewers worldwide to a webcast featuring fan favorites as well as tracks from King Animal.
The last time the world saw a new Soundgarden record was in 1996 with Down On the Upside. After numerous solo projects, side bands, and the ever present rumors of a reunion, Soundgarden reformed, did a series of select live shows and most importantly, headed back in the studio.
“Been Away Too Long” was the first single from King Animal, hitting stores November 13. King Animal marks the band’s sixth full-length album release.
Frontman Chris Cornell says the band still has quite a story to tell.
“Yes, we’ve been away for 15 years and now we’re back,” says an excited Cornell. “It’s about time. And we still have something to say about rock music that no one else is saying and I feel confident about saying that. I think we definitely do.”
Watch Soundgarden’s performance Monday, November 12th at 8PM ET/5PM PT, live from the historic Ed Sullivan theater in New York City.
— Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Hosts Fan-Only ‘Reputation’ Playback at Rhode Island Home
- Linkin Park Fans Create Message of Support Ahead of Chester Bennington Tribute
- Michelle Williams Gets Candid on Battle with Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts New Track ‘Meaning of Life’
- Katy Perry Got Stuck On a Floating Prop at Her Nashville Show: Watch
- Charlie Puth Can’t Stop Dancing in ‘How Long’ Music Video