Lady Gaga Praises Adele, Reveals New Track On ARTPOP
Lady Gaga talks in great depth about her own body issues and music in a recent interview with U.K. magazine Stylist. In the article, Mother Monster was asked if make-up and feminism could ever be friends. She had some interesting things to say about it.
“I actually think there’s a new feminism that is completely different and I don’t think either is better or worse,” she said. “Any kind of feminist has valid views for herself about what it means to be a feminist, but, as a new-age feminist, I would say I quite like the transference of strength I feel by submitting to a man – being under him.”
She confessed that she even wrote about it.
“I actually wrote a song about it on my album, it’s called ‘GUY’ and it stands for Go Under You,” she said.
It turns out the magazine had an inaccuracy and Lady Gaga took to her social networking site to clarify.
“They got the title wrong. its ‘G.U.Y (Girl Under You),’” she wrote.
As far as all the talk about her having gained weight, she said she was indifferent at first.
“I thought, well I don’t really care if they think I’m fat, because, quite honestly, I did gain about 30 pounds. Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it? She’s so wonderful and I think her confidence is something I have to match,” she said. “She has set the bar very high for a lot of woman. I need to be a confident woman and just say politically active things when I can that are helpful to young people.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo