Hey, Candidates: Lifehouse Don’t Mind If You Use Them
This political season has seen a number of musicians react unfavorably as their music was used on the campaign trail without prior approval. So far this year, Silversun Pickups and Twisted Sister have both voiced objection to the use of their respective tunes “Panic Switch” and “We’re Not Gonna Take It” being used during Romney campaign stops.
But Lifehouse lead singer Jason Wade says his band wouldn’t necessarily have any objection to a campaign adopting their music.
Chatting recently to MIX 105.1/Orlando, Wade lightheartedly addressed the issue saying, “We’re trying to get people to hear our songs. We’d say go for it!”
“I always think that’s really strange,” he went on to say. “It’s a different world now too. I remember back in the 90s bands would think that it was selling out to even have a song on a commercial or whatever. But obviously times have changed. I think that most bands just would be happy to have their music heard nowadays.”
So if the Obama/Biden or Romney/Ryan tickets are still looking for music, maybe they should grab “Hanging By A Moment” while they still can!
-Brad Haynes, MIX 105.1/Orlando
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Kid Rock Is Being Attacked By Bees
- Missy Elliott, Pharrell Working on New Music
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss