Chad Kroeger from Nickelback says you shouldn’t listen to the haters.
In fact, he knows for certain that some of those people who say they can’t stand his band secretly like them.
Kroeger, who everyone knows is engaged to Avril Lavigne, said in an interview that the band’s drummer Daniel Adair had a run in with a guy at the gym who told Adair he was a fan and has all seven of the band’s albums before asking, “Can you tell me why ten of my closest friends say they hate your band. I know for a fact that eight of them have tickets for your show tonight, and six of them have bought your last three CDs. But they all claim to hate your band.’”
Why do these people claim to hate the band? Kroeger thinks it’s because he’s just not cool enough for them. Something the Canadian is okay with.
“Now I cut my hair short and everybody’s growing beards and wearing plaid and skinny jeans and growing their hair long,” he explained. “I’m always at the opposite end of the spectrum, the opposite of hipster culture, and I enjoy that.”
The band that everyone loves to hate has sold over 45 million records worldwide and their 2005 album, All The Right Reasons, has sold more than 8 million copies since it’s release.
Do you secretly love Nickelback?
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What’s The Grossest Food From Your State That People Love To Eat?
- Rihanna Dazzles in New ‘Valerian’ Trailer
- Ed Sheeran Reacts to Lookalike Baby
- Prince’s ‘Sign O The Times’ 30 Years Later: A Look Back at His Magnum Opus
- Lana Del Rey Teases Collaboration with the Weeknd?
- Justin Timberlake Teases Collab with Pharrell Williams, Timbaland