Just when you thought Psy’s15 minutes of fame were almost over. Now, his song has been forever immortalized into a rain dance.
The breaking news: Psy’s “Gangnam Style” is not even close to disappearing. Whether it’s kids running behind a live news crew to reenact the dance on air or a Twitter storm of Tweets that read “What if Gangnam Style is actually a rain dance?” it seems not even the destruction of a hurricane can subdue the power of “Gangnam Style.”
Here’s a roundup of all things “Gangnam Style.” While Mashable is debating who originally Tweeted the sentiment, Hurricane Sandy’s Twitter handle got the most attention.
WHAT IF GANGAM STYLE WAS ACTUALLY JSST A GIANT RAIN DANCE AND WE BROUGHT THIS HURRICANE ON OURSELVES?
— hurricane sandy (@hurricannesandy) October 30, 2012
With over 23,000 Retweets and 6,300+ favorites this is the Tweet that got the conversation rolling on Twitter.
Possibly the first group of people to do “Gangnam Style” in the rain was this group of inmates last month. Was their rendition a foreshadowing to Hurricane Sandy?
When school’s out, it’s time for fun…even if it does mean dancing near danger. These kids livened up a devastating news report and no doubt put smiles on some people’s faces.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
More Sandy Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- 21 Photos Displaying The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- 30 Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy On Staten Island
- People Doing Everything BUT Stay Inside During Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Is Raining All Over Barack Obama
More Sandy Content:
- Two Kids Dance “Gangnam Style” In Superstorm Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Hurricane Sandy: Musicians Take To Twitter [92.3 NOW]
- Recovery Mix: Songs To Help You Clean Up After Sandy [Fresh 102.7]
- Netflix Streaming Suggestions If You’ve Been Stranded By Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Picking Up the Emotional Pieces After Sandy [WCBS-FM]
- Sandy Recovery Begins [WCBS-FM]
Latest from Fresh1027.com >