Owl City And Carly Rae Jepsen Sued Over “Good Time”
The Hollywood Reporter divulges that Allyson Nichole Burnett (who performs as Ally “Cupcake” Burnett) is suing for copyright infringement, stating that “Good Time” steals the “unique vocal motif” used in her song, “Ah, It’s A Love Song.”
Not familiar with Burnett’s song? Compare the two below.
Burnett’s track was licensed to MTV and used on The Hills and Friendzone.
These cases are usually dismissed quickly, but THR feels Burnett may have a case given the sort of exposure her license on those MTV shows grants.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- Nick Jonas Recreates Tom Hanks’ Iconic Big Piano Dance: Watch
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It