Owl City And Carly Rae Jepsen Sued Over “Good Time”
The Hollywood Reporter divulges that Allyson Nichole Burnett (who performs as Ally “Cupcake” Burnett) is suing for copyright infringement, stating that “Good Time” steals the “unique vocal motif” used in her song, “Ah, It’s A Love Song.”
Not familiar with Burnett’s song? Compare the two below.
Burnett’s track was licensed to MTV and used on The Hills and Friendzone.
These cases are usually dismissed quickly, but THR feels Burnett may have a case given the sort of exposure her license on those MTV shows grants.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia