Owl City And Carly Rae Jepsen Sued Over “Good Time”
The Hollywood Reporter divulges that Allyson Nichole Burnett (who performs as Ally “Cupcake” Burnett) is suing for copyright infringement, stating that “Good Time” steals the “unique vocal motif” used in her song, “Ah, It’s A Love Song.”
Not familiar with Burnett’s song? Compare the two below.
Burnett’s track was licensed to MTV and used on The Hills and Friendzone.
These cases are usually dismissed quickly, but THR feels Burnett may have a case given the sort of exposure her license on those MTV shows grants.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Related Questions: Walk the Moon, ‘Shut Up and Dance’
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?