Owl City And Carly Rae Jepsen Sued Over “Good Time”
The Hollywood Reporter divulges that Allyson Nichole Burnett (who performs as Ally “Cupcake” Burnett) is suing for copyright infringement, stating that “Good Time” steals the “unique vocal motif” used in her song, “Ah, It’s A Love Song.”
Not familiar with Burnett’s song? Compare the two below.
Burnett’s track was licensed to MTV and used on The Hills and Friendzone.
These cases are usually dismissed quickly, but THR feels Burnett may have a case given the sort of exposure her license on those MTV shows grants.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been