Anyone who saw Walk The Line, knows Reese Witherspoon can sing, but can she keep up with Michael Buble?
No word yet on what they’ll be singing, but we have a few suggestions.
This is right in Buble’s wheelhouse, but the addition of Reese would add something new to the sweet song recorded by Frank and his daughter in 1967. Plus, this one got itself a country version when Tammy Wynette covered it the same year so Reese can show off her June Carter Cash-side once again.
“Suspicious Minds” Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter
She’s a little bit country and Michael Buble is well…not. We assume though that he wouldn’t mind trying a little Elvis Presley again. His first foray at The King’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love” was certainly a fine homage.
This cover though, done by country singers Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter, is full of down home twang, perfect for Reese’s range. And wouldn’t we all like to see Michael don a pair of cowboy boots?
In a dream world, these two would take Rihanna’s hit and turn it into a bittersweet duet. Slowing things down and taking out Calvin Harris’ electronic beats, they’d use a simple piano to really pull at the heartstrings when they coo, “We found love in a hopeless place.” Reese can show off not only her singing voice, but also her acting skills.
What song would you like to see these two record together?
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Jennifer Lopez Continues to Avoid Discussing Her Relationship with Drake
- Florida Georgia Line, Backstreet Boys Drop ‘God, Your Mama and Me’ Video
- Watch Alex Trebek Rap on ‘Jeopardy!’
- Adele, Pearl Jam and Dolly Parton Contribute to Brandi Carlile’s ‘Cover Stories’ Album
- Blake Shelton Takes Gwen Stefani & Kids on Helicopter Ride