Much of the East Coast has been stranded by Sandy — but by and large, in their homes. Not surprisingly, the LA Timesreport that Netflix streaming has seen a 20% boost in cities effected by the hurricane. Because Netflix offered no list of their most popular streaming titles, we thought we’d put together a quick list of 10 films to watch while you’re killing time in the post-hurricane fall out.
A must-see. This is THE definitive superstar documentary. If you think Madonna is exposing a lot these days by flashing her breasts, you haven’t seen anything yet. This ground breaking doc follows her through the heyday of her Blonde Ambition tour.
Of course you’ve seen it, but how long ago now? It’s the perfect time to revisit the early days of Zac Effron, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale. As a bonus, High School Musical 2 is also available to stream for your marathon needs.
3. Grease 2
Sadly the original Grease and Olivia Netwon-John’s Sandy aren’t available instantly — but the incredibly bad part 2 is! It’s one of those films that is so terrible that you have to see it. It stars a young Michelle Pfeiffer and a Scottish guy doing the worst British accent you can imagine. Check it out for the goofy story line, stay for Peiffer’s terrible singing. It’s a marvel.
Always wondered how your favorite rappers manage their freestyles? This documentary lays it all out. Featuring interviews with Kanye West, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Nas and many more, you might just figure out how to up your rap game.
You’ve already watched every episode of Sex & The City twice, so check out what Sarah Jessica Parker, along with Helen Hunt and Shannen Doherty, were doing before they were famous. The movie takes its title from the Cyndi Lauper song and is a great explosion of ’80s fashion and music.
Would you hold it against her? Relive Britney’s 2011 tour. The tour film was shot over two shows in Toronto. Britney plays a secret agent. Nicki Minaj makes a cameo. The world gets a lesson in how to put on an arena-sized performance.
A cult classic web series starring Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) that was written and directed by Joss Whedon (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Cabin In The Woods), this groundbreaking musical is one of the most hilarious things you’ll ever watch.
8. The Wiz
A classic music movie starring none other than Michael Jackson. The Wiz is an alternate take on the classic Wizard of Oz by Motown and also featuring Diana Ross. It’s just one of those films you have to see.
You know Elmo, but do you know the man behind him? This heartwarmer shows you what life is like pulling Elmo’s strings.
If Sandy and extreme weather have you bummed, check out the extreme feats that shaped earth. The raw power of our planet, as presented by NatGeo, will surely bring a tear to your eye.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
More Sandy Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- 21 Photos Displaying The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- 30 Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy On Staten Island
- People Doing Everything BUT Stay Inside During Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Is Raining All Over Barack Obama
More Sandy Content:
- Two Kids Dance “Gangnam Style” In Superstorm Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Hurricane Sandy: Musicians Take To Twitter [92.3 NOW]
- Recovery Mix: Songs To Help You Clean Up After Sandy [Fresh 102.7]
- Netflix Streaming Suggestions If You’ve Been Stranded By Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Picking Up the Emotional Pieces After Sandy [WCBS-FM]
- Sandy Recovery Begins [WCBS-FM]
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Win Passes For Lucasfilms’ ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Advanced Screening
- Listen: Lindsey Stirling’s Awesome Remake of Hans Zimmer’s ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Theme
- Rihanna Clarifies Apparent Beyoncé Diss
- Jay-Z Tried to Manage Prince’s Catalog Following His Death
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Your Bad Christmas Decorations’