Taylor Swift‘s cat Meredith has developed a beloved following among the singer’s fans. She’s been featured on Twitter , Instagram, and YouTube, been recruited to help Taylor win Entertainer of the Year at this year’s ACMs, and she’s even occasionally discussed during interviews.
So when Taylor sat down recently with the morning show team at Detroit station WYCD, one thing they had to ask was whether Taylor might ever write a song about her cat.
Her answer was straight and to the point. “There is never going to be a song written about my cat – ever – who wants to listen to that?” she said. Of course, she blushed a bit as WYCD’s Dr. Don noted that she could sing the phone book and people would want to listen.
Still, her answer remained firm.
“With this record I needed to challenge myself and do something I’ve never done before,” she said. But that “challenge” did not involve crafting clever cat songs. “Maybe if I run out of ideas completely I will go to writing songs about animals,” she conceded. “But probably never. Never ever, like, ever.”
Listen to the complete Taylor Swift interview on WYCD.
- Nanci Haskin, 99.5 WYCD/Detroit
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- IMPACT: Plain White T’s Gear Up for New Album with ‘The Giving Tree’
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- Madonna Shows Support for Russian LGBT Community With New Campaign
- Lionel Richie Says Luke Bryan Is ‘First on the List’ For Possible Country Release
- Actress Amanda Bynes Back In Court In Bong-Tossing Case