If Sandy’s got you stuck inside, here’s 10 tracks to keep you occupied.
1. Carrie Underwood “Blown Away”
With the record breaking winds Hurricane Sandy will be bringing along Carrie’s “Blown Away” is the perfect soundtrack to wait out the storm.
2. Rihanna “Umbrella”
This is an oldie, but a goodie. “Now that it’s raining more than ever/ Know that we’ll still have each other/ You can stay under my umbrella,” Rihanna sings. We dare you to sing along. With 90 mph winds you may need more than just one umbrella to keep you dry.
3. The Wanted “Lightning”
With any storm, there’s bound to be some thunder and lightning. While this isn’t the exact lightning the Wanted were singing about, their sentiment is there.
“I know that it’s a little bit frightening/ We might as well be playing with lightning,” the boys sing along deep bass beats.
If you need an escape from all this storm talk, this is just the track to help you through it.
4. Adele “Set Fire to the Rain”
There’s nothing like cozying up to Adele’s music on a dark, stormy night. Leave it to Adele to make a storm sound beautiful.
5. Taylor Swift “Fearless”
Who says you have to be scared of a hurricane? Take back that fear an embrace Taylor’s attitude. The queen of writing songs about dancing in the rain, just be careful and don’t get blown away!
”And I don’t know why, but with you I’d dance in a storm in my best dress fearless,” she sings.
6. Hunter Hayes “Storm Warning”
Currently on the road with Carrie Underwood, Hunter knows a thing or two about storms. In this track he sings of a girl that keeps him up all night, comparing his relationship to a hurricane.
7. Florence + the Machine “No Light, No Light”
Unfortunately, thousands are expected to be left without power from the aftermath of the storm. A fear for many, being without electricity won’t be the worst case scenario if your iPod’s fully charged and you keep this track on repeat.
8. Natasha Bedingfield “Pocketful of Sunshine”
Despite the inescapable storm on the East Coast, sometimes you have to stay optimistic. After all, wouldn’t it be nice if we had a pocketful of sunshine right now?
9. The Wanted “Chasing the Sun”
The Wanted remind us in this video that things could be a lot worse than a hurricane. Say, a continent set adrift?
10. Matchbox Twenty “She’s So Mean”
While frontman Rob Thomas has said the song is about a toxic relationship, we can’t help but compare it to one mean woman: Hurricane Sandy.
“Everybody’s been in that relationship with somebody that no matter how badly they treat you you just keep coming back like a drug for some reason and you’re not quite sure,” Rob said. “This is about that kind of a relationship.”
The difference between the relationship and Sandy: we want her to go away. And the sooner the better.
More Sandy Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- 21 Photos Displaying The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- 30 Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy On Staten Island
- People Doing Everything BUT Stay Inside During Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Is Raining All Over Barack Obama
More Sandy Content:
- Two Kids Dance “Gangnam Style” In Superstorm Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Hurricane Sandy: Musicians Take To Twitter [92.3 NOW]
- Recovery Mix: Songs To Help You Clean Up After Sandy [Fresh 102.7]
- Netflix Streaming Suggestions If You’ve Been Stranded By Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Picking Up the Emotional Pieces After Sandy [WCBS-FM]
- Sandy Recovery Begins [WCBS-FM]
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com: