Carly Rae Jepsen Relives The 80’s In “This Kiss” Video
Carly Rae Jepsen drives her Fiat back in time for her new music video “This Kiss.” The single has an 80’s dance pop feel that shows up well in the video due to retro fashion and neon pink lighting.
The video starts with Carly rolling up to an industrial warehouse party where she enters to good looking people dancing, having a random photo shoot, and playing teenage party game, “Suck n’ Blow.” While Carly gets the party going by performing the chorus for the crowd, actor Thomas McDonell constantly makes eyes at her from across the room.
The big finale comes when the two jumps fully clothed into the pool and finally kiss while underwater.
Director Justin Francis, who has worked with Eminem, Kelly Clarkson and directed “Give Your Heart A Break” by Demi Lovato was brought on to direct the video. He successfully was able to match the visual with the party feel thanks to LMFAO’s Redfoo who produced the track.
-AJ Gordon, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings