Still riding high on the success of the first two singles “Midnight City” and “Reunion” from the breakout 2011 album Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming, French electronic bliss-rockers M83 have unveiled the music video for the album’s third single, “Steve McQueen.”
The surreal fan-directed clip was chosen by the band’s mastermind Anthony Gonzalez in conjunction with Genero.TV. It was directed by Balthazar Auxietre and animator Sylvain Derosne, who describes the video as honoring “power of childhood, an eagerness for life, and the kind of paradoxical energy you have when you grow up.”
According to Auxietre, Gonzalez has created “…a sound of his own, made with a kind of ‘epic fragility,’ something very visual, very atmospheric, which can bring powerful images and energy as a filmmaker” with the music of M83.
While M83 gears up to play a series of U.S. radio shows in December, Gonzalez is preparing a special limited edition vinyl 12-inch single for the song “Reunion” to be released on Record Store Day 2012 (November 23, coinciding with the annual U.S. shopping holiday known as “Black Friday”), featuring remixes from Mylo, Sei A, Polly Scattergood and Naked and Famous.
The “Steve McQueen” single, featuring four new remixes from the likes of Maps and Alluxe comes out a few days later on November 27.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’