While the contentious court case between pop star/X Factor judge Britney Spears and her former manager Sam Lufti continues to broil in Los Angeles, some rather interesting (and somewhat disconcerting) news has emerged from the proceedings. As reported by the Daily News, during Lufti’s testimony he announced that he’s working with former Hole frontwoman Courtney Love on something big in conjunction with the legacy of Nirvana.
“[Courtney Love and I] are currently working on a possible motion picture or Broadway musical based on the Nirvana catalog, based on her life and Kurt Cobain’s,” Lufti surprisingly announced during his court testimony, adding the he’s currently co-managing Love. But when he was pressed directly about the musical, Lufti was reticent to confirm or deny anything regarding the alleged Nirvana musical/movie.
“It’s an idea,” Lutfi said to the Daily News after the court proceedings. “I’m sorry. I can’t say anything more.”
Broadway isn’t the only entertainment medium looking to capitalize on the timeless popularity of Nirvana. It was recently revealed that CBS has purchased a new sitcom called Smells Like Teen Spirit, written by Dave Goetsch, who currently works on popular CBS show The Big Bang Theory.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism