Was Alicia Keys Almost In The ‘Hunger Games’?
If you thought Alicia Keys’ latest song, “Girl on Fire” would have been a perfect fit for The Hunger Games, you weren’t the only one.
In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Alicia revealed that the title track off her upcoming album, due out November 27, was almost the movie’s theme.
The filmmakers approached Alicia before the movie was released in March, while she was still tinkering with her fifth record.
“They were like, ‘Maybe this song could work with the movie,’ and literally, if it was a little bit of a different timing, I think it (would) have happened,” she explained. “Which would have been so crazy … if my album came out after the movie came out.”
While some might think Katniss, who was nicknamed the Girl on Fire thanks to her flame producing costume, influenced the music, Alicia says she thinks it was the other way around.
“One had nothing to do with the other,” she said. “I was on my own Girl on Fire trip and then they made the movie. I think they copied me!”
She’s kidding, or at least we think she is. In the meantime check out her new video for “Girl on Fire” below.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Kim’s College: Tribeca Film Festival, No Kardashians In NJ & Pink Lyrics
- Joan Rivers Trash Talks Hostages, Clooney Stands Up For Obama & Khloe K Not Wanted In NJ: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan