Rod Stewart Says New Album in The Works
Rod Stewart is done with the Great American Songbook and is ready to release some of his own music.
The rocker told Billboard that he is prepping a new rock album that will feature all original songs, something he hasn’t done since 2001’s Human.
“It’s all done mate,” says Stewart. “I produced it myself. It’s all finished, mixed, everything…Just a good, old-fashioned Rod Stewart album (with) a lot of mandolin and acoustic (guitar) and fiddles and good storytelling, I believe, too.”
But Stewart says don’t expect to hear the follow-up to “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” instead he’s going for something a bit more adult calling his new stuff “songs people can relate to.”
The as-yet-untitled album will be out in the spring with the singer planning a tour of the East Coast in February and March.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy