Rod Stewart Says New Album in The Works
Rod Stewart is done with the Great American Songbook and is ready to release some of his own music.
The rocker told Billboard that he is prepping a new rock album that will feature all original songs, something he hasn’t done since 2001’s Human.
“It’s all done mate,” says Stewart. “I produced it myself. It’s all finished, mixed, everything…Just a good, old-fashioned Rod Stewart album (with) a lot of mandolin and acoustic (guitar) and fiddles and good storytelling, I believe, too.”
But Stewart says don’t expect to hear the follow-up to “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” instead he’s going for something a bit more adult calling his new stuff “songs people can relate to.”
The as-yet-untitled album will be out in the spring with the singer planning a tour of the East Coast in February and March.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mariah Carey to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Ed Sheeran Lands Role In ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Creator’s Latest Medieval Drama
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement about Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’
- Kanye Throws Mic and Storms Off Stage at Pan Am Games
- Taylor Swift Approves of Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Blank Space’ Cover