Rod Stewart Says New Album in The Works
Rod Stewart is done with the Great American Songbook and is ready to release some of his own music.
The rocker told Billboard that he is prepping a new rock album that will feature all original songs, something he hasn’t done since 2001’s Human.
“It’s all done mate,” says Stewart. “I produced it myself. It’s all finished, mixed, everything…Just a good, old-fashioned Rod Stewart album (with) a lot of mandolin and acoustic (guitar) and fiddles and good storytelling, I believe, too.”
But Stewart says don’t expect to hear the follow-up to “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” instead he’s going for something a bit more adult calling his new stuff “songs people can relate to.”
The as-yet-untitled album will be out in the spring with the singer planning a tour of the East Coast in February and March.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence About Quitting One Direction, Plans Solo Career (Eventually)
- Jimmy Fallon Singing ‘Barbara Ann’ with Wax Statues of Himself Is a Little Creepy