Rod Stewart Says New Album in The Works
Rod Stewart is done with the Great American Songbook and is ready to release some of his own music.
The rocker told Billboard that he is prepping a new rock album that will feature all original songs, something he hasn’t done since 2001’s Human.
“It’s all done mate,” says Stewart. “I produced it myself. It’s all finished, mixed, everything…Just a good, old-fashioned Rod Stewart album (with) a lot of mandolin and acoustic (guitar) and fiddles and good storytelling, I believe, too.”
But Stewart says don’t expect to hear the follow-up to “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” instead he’s going for something a bit more adult calling his new stuff “songs people can relate to.”
The as-yet-untitled album will be out in the spring with the singer planning a tour of the East Coast in February and March.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog