Use Your Leftover Halloween Candy Bars For Cookies!
When I was little I would collect so much candy trick-or-treating that I wouldn’t know what to do with it.
Instead of saving the candy for months (yes, it would take me months to finish it), my Mom would use the leftover mini-Snickers bars for delicious cookies.
If you follow the simple directions below, you can do the same.
WARNING: Your hands will get messy, but it’s definitely worth it.
SNICKER BAR COOKIES
For this recipe you’ll need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 Snickers miniature candy bars or other fun-size bars (Milky Way, Three Musketeers etc), unwrapped
1. In a large bowl, combine sugars, butter, peanut butter (if you so desire), vanilla and eggs.
2. Place all of the ingredients in your mixer and beat well.
3. Next, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Mix well until dough is no longer wet and sticky. Feel free to add in small spoonfuls of flour to help dry out the dough.
5. Now, you’ll need your candy bars. Since Snickers are on the larger size, you might choose to cut your mini-Snickers in half. Fun-size bars like Milky Way and Three Musketeers also work well and are a touch smaller. Shape about 1/4 cup of dough smoothly around candy bar making sure the bar is completely covered. It should look like a little mound just as you see in the photo below.
6. Place 4 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet. The dough, depending on the size of your candy bars could make anywhere from 20 to 30 cookies
7. Bake at 375°F for 13-14 minutes or until light golden brown and puffy.
8. Cool ten minutes and remove from cookie sheets. Or if you can’t wait, break one of the cookies open to get an ooey gooey surprise inside.
Pretty delicious, right?
Tell us some of your favorite ways to use leftover holiday candy.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- David Bowie, Flaming Lips, T.I. to Write Songs for SpongeBob Musical
- Relive All of Miley Cyrus’s Outrageous Outfits From The MTV VMAs
- The Weeknd Says Lana Del Rey is the ‘Girl in My Music’
- Now You Can Learn To Sing Like Christina Aguilera, By Christina Aguilera!
- 25 Minutes A Day Could Extend Our Lives By 7 Years
- Five Reasons Kanye West Should Run for President Now, Bro!