Ne-Yo Talks “R.E.D.” And Sharing The Album Title With Taylor Swift
His new album R.E.D. is an acronym for “Realizing Every Dream” and another singer’s recent release also mirrors the same title: Taylor Swift.
“I feel like great minds think alike. I’m a Taylor Swift fan, and I have been since her song ‘Fifteen.’ I was like, ‘Okay, I feel you on that,’ and she wrote that,” he said.
The first single off Ne-Yo’s R.E.D. is “Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)” and he explained how the album compares to his previous releases.
“This album picks up where Year of the Gentleman left off. The only thing that I felt was wrong with the Year of the Gentleman album was that there was only one song on the whole album like ‘Closer,'” he said. “If you are a person that is new to Ne-Yo, but you like that song, you go and get the album, and there’s only one song that you can listen to on the whole thing.”
The singer says that won’t be the case for R.E.D.. In fact, the release will have something for everybody.
“The album is split down the middle. Side A is strictly for my R&B fans, and Side B is for my Pop fans,” Ne-Yo explained.
R.E.D. will be available November 6th. Or as Ne-Yo would say, “Go vote and then go buy my album!”
-Danielle Clasing, B96/Chicago
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Maroon 5 Finally Find More Than a Friend in ‘It Was Always You’
- Single Again: Eve 6 – ‘Inside Out’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’