In Danny Elmwood’s dark comedy, we’re taken on a relatively harmless journey through the eyes of a brown paper bag-masked stalker.
Penning the song in the first-person, Elmwood is not your run-of-the-mill stalker. The rather crafty fanatic doesn’t just watch just from a distance. Our mystery man actually involves himself in his love’s everyday life, in a distinctively creepy way of course. When Elmwood finally comes face to face with his obsession, he chooses a rather unconventional introduction.
Thanks for leaving your curtains open
Just enough for me to peak through
I was hiding in the dark
Behind a tree in your front yard
And you didn’t have a clue
Speaking from his home in Los Angeles, singer-songwriter “Danny Elmwood” told CBS Local, he was also the brains behind the admittedly low-budget video.
“Yeah, I wrote the song and video, had a team of my close friends pull our resources and make it,” said Elmwood. “I spent about $2700, $1200 just on permits in Monrovia (CA), but totally worth it!”
You didn’t know that I was stalking you
But now you do…
— Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Meghan Trainor is Back in the Studio
- Julia Michaels’ Debuts Sweet ‘Uh Huh’ Music Video
- Florida Georgia Line & Backstreet Boys to Unite for ‘CMT Crossroads’
- Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, Katy Perry Lead VMA Nominees
- Luis Fonsi Condemns ‘Despacito’ Use by Venezuelan Government
- OneRepublic Cover Oasis’ ‘Champagne Supernova’