“The Stalker Song” Exposes Lighter Side Of Voyeurism
In Danny Elmwood’s dark comedy, we’re taken on a relatively harmless journey through the eyes of a brown paper bag-masked stalker.
Penning the song in the first-person, Elmwood is not your run-of-the-mill stalker. The rather crafty fanatic doesn’t just watch just from a distance. Our mystery man actually involves himself in his love’s everyday life, in a distinctively creepy way of course. When Elmwood finally comes face to face with his obsession, he chooses a rather unconventional introduction.
Thanks for leaving your curtains open
Just enough for me to peak through
I was hiding in the dark
Behind a tree in your front yard
And you didn’t have a clue
Speaking from his home in Los Angeles, singer-songwriter “Danny Elmwood” told CBS Local, he was also the brains behind the admittedly low-budget video.
“Yeah, I wrote the song and video, had a team of my close friends pull our resources and make it,” said Elmwood. “I spent about $2700, $1200 just on permits in Monrovia (CA), but totally worth it!”
You didn’t know that I was stalking you
But now you do…
– Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Bathtub
- 9 Must-See Super Bowl Commercials
- Before ‘Ted': Hollywood’s History of Talking Animal Movies
- Watch the Official ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Trailer
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Lead a Drunken Singalong of ‘Piano Man’
- Sia, Maddie Ziegler Help Ellen Celebrate Her Birthday with ‘Elastic Heart': Watch