Start spreading the news; Barry Manilow is coming to New York this winter.
The man who “wrote the songs that made the whole world sing” is taking over Broadway with his new show, Manilow on Broadway, which will have the singer performing some of his biggest hits like “Mandy,” “Looks Like We Made It” and “Copacabana.”
His 17-show stint at the St. James Theatre kicks off on January 18 for previews with the official opening night slated for January 24, which the singer promises will be full of surprises.
Manilow has graced the Broadway stage before back in the winter of 1976 and the spring of 1989 when he also performed his classic songs, but he couldn’t be more excited to make his way back after twenty years.
“Growing up in New York, Broadway has always held a special place in my heart and I am honored to have the opportunity to make the St. James Theatre my home in the New Year,” he said in a statement.
Tickets range from $50 to $350.
Check out Manilow’s website for more information about the upcoming shows.
– Shannon Carlin. CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jay-Z Apologizes to Beyonce in Hour Long Video
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: Rude Awakening
- FM Magazine: Out Of The Darkness Overnight Walk in NYC
- Adele Shares Beyoncé Love
- Beyoncé and Rita Ora Pose Together at Met Gala, Shut Down ‘Becky’ Rumors
- Bono and Lupita Nyong’o Dedicate Broadway Performance to Abducted Girls