Barry Manilow Heads To Broadway
Start spreading the news; Barry Manilow is coming to New York this winter.
The man who “wrote the songs that made the whole world sing” is taking over Broadway with his new show, Manilow on Broadway, which will have the singer performing some of his biggest hits like “Mandy,” “Looks Like We Made It” and “Copacabana.”
His 17-show stint at the St. James Theatre kicks off on January 18 for previews with the official opening night slated for January 24, which the singer promises will be full of surprises.
Manilow has graced the Broadway stage before back in the winter of 1976 and the spring of 1989 when he also performed his classic songs, but he couldn’t be more excited to make his way back after twenty years.
“Growing up in New York, Broadway has always held a special place in my heart and I am honored to have the opportunity to make the St. James Theatre my home in the New Year,” he said in a statement.
Tickets range from $50 to $350.
Check out Manilow’s website for more information about the upcoming shows.
– Shannon Carlin. CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- YES! There Could Be An Incredibly Delicious Way To Stop Eating Too Much
- Ariana Grande Kisses Liz Gillies, Accidentally Posts Video Evidence
- Watch Julianne Moore, John Stamos & James Corden Create a Taylor Swift Soap Opera
- The Cure Announce First US Tour Dates for 2016 Run
- Watch Justin Bieber Discuss His One Direction Conspiracy Theory
- Download ‘Yeezer’: A Kanye West and Weezer Mashup Album