Richard Marx Evokes The ‘Christmas Spirit’ On New Album
Richard Marx is doing something he’s never done before: releasing a Christmas album.
For his first ever holiday release, Christmas Spirit, Marx tackles classic carols like “O Holy Night,” “White Christmas” and “Silent Night.” The singer also has fun sharing two originals including the title track and the ballad “Christmas Mornings.”
For the last five years, Marx has been recording his own Xmas tunes with his three sons as holiday greeting cards. This year in tribute to his grandmother, who always wanted him to do a traditional holiday album, the singer headed down to a Nashville studio to put these classics on tape.
Recorded over two days with a full symphony orchestra, Marx cut an album his family, especially his granny, would be proud of.
“I love Christmas, and we’ve always made a big deal of it in our family,” he said in a statement. “I love what it represents. It’s a special time of the year for us.”
To celebrate the album, which is out now, Marx even made a video for “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town,” which features singer Sara Niemietz.
The two put a jazzy spin on the standard and help fans get ready for the season of twinkly lights in the video.
Watch the clip from Christmas Spirit below.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Neurotic City: 5 Times Prince Has Acted Ponderously Purple
- Win Tickets To See Ed Sheeran In Concert
- Pharrell, Chad Hugo Made Into Statues for Art Piece
- Watch This ‘Uptown Funk’ Parody, Now with 100 Percent More Dancing Old People
- Ariana Grande, Cashmere Cat Debut New Untitled Track on Tour: Watch
- Madonna Blames Her Cape for BRITs Fall, But She’s Fine