Richard Marx is doing something he’s never done before: releasing a Christmas album.
For his first ever holiday release, Christmas Spirit, Marx tackles classic carols like “O Holy Night,” “White Christmas” and “Silent Night.” The singer also has fun sharing two originals including the title track and the ballad “Christmas Mornings.”
For the last five years, Marx has been recording his own Xmas tunes with his three sons as holiday greeting cards. This year in tribute to his grandmother, who always wanted him to do a traditional holiday album, the singer headed down to a Nashville studio to put these classics on tape.
Recorded over two days with a full symphony orchestra, Marx cut an album his family, especially his granny, would be proud of.
“I love Christmas, and we’ve always made a big deal of it in our family,” he said in a statement. “I love what it represents. It’s a special time of the year for us.”
To celebrate the album, which is out now, Marx even made a video for “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town,” which features singer Sara Niemietz.
The two put a jazzy spin on the standard and help fans get ready for the season of twinkly lights in the video.
Watch the clip from Christmas Spirit below.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists Send Support after Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert
- Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Kills Fans at Manchester Arena
- Drake Gushes Over Céline Dion, Contemplates New Tattoo
- Nicki Minaj Helps Provide Clean Water to Village in India
- Lady Antebellum Cover ‘Hey! Baby’ for ‘Dirty Dancing’ Soundtrack
- Camila Cabello’s Solo Album Features Ed Sheeran Co-Written Song