“Different albums represent different chapters in my life,” says Taylor Swift.
Speaking to CBS Local, Taylor explained just how her brand-new album Red fits in alongside her other albums–what she feels it represents in terms of her development as an artist.
Fearless, she says, was about “the breakthrough and all the discovery.” As in, “wow there’s a big wide world of music” out there, and “I’m excited, and scared….”
Then with Speak Now, that’s the album where “I felt like I really had something to prove, because that last album was so big. I wanted to write the record by myself, to prove to myself that I could do it.”
With Red, she says, “I wanted to learn. I wanted to take my comfort zone–which at that point was writing songs alone–and I wanted to throw myself into a different realm.”
So what was her approach? “I called up all these people I was a fan of–producers, writers, artists–and I said, ‘I want you to be in on making this record with me, I want your influence.'”
So Red was, she says, “me expanding and learning, and taking risks I’ve never taken before.”
Red hits stores and digital outlets on Oct. 22.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism