“Different albums represent different chapters in my life,” says Taylor Swift.
Speaking to CBS Local, Taylor explained just how her brand-new album Red fits in alongside her other albums–what she feels it represents in terms of her development as an artist.
Fearless, she says, was about “the breakthrough and all the discovery.” As in, “wow there’s a big wide world of music” out there, and “I’m excited, and scared….”
Then with Speak Now, that’s the album where “I felt like I really had something to prove, because that last album was so big. I wanted to write the record by myself, to prove to myself that I could do it.”
With Red, she says, “I wanted to learn. I wanted to take my comfort zone–which at that point was writing songs alone–and I wanted to throw myself into a different realm.”
So what was her approach? “I called up all these people I was a fan of–producers, writers, artists–and I said, ‘I want you to be in on making this record with me, I want your influence.'”
So Red was, she says, “me expanding and learning, and taking risks I’ve never taken before.”
Red hits stores and digital outlets on Oct. 22.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Paul McCartney Releases Virtual Reality Series
- A Great Big World Struggle with MS on ‘Won’t Stop Running’
- Watch Radiohead Perform ‘Creep’ Live for the First Time in 7 Years
- P!nk Turns Pink During Johnny Depp Surprise
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster