Barbra Streisand Makes Plea For Obama: ‘We Must Close The Funding Gap’
Barbra Streisand really wants your money.
The singer recently wrote a letter to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) asking Obama supporters for their donations of $3 or more, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“We’re just weeks from the most important election in a generation and every single thing Democrats like you and I spent a lifetime fighting for is on the line,” she wrote.
Babs goes on to say that the Republicans are “pounding President Obama” with vicious attack ads that could sway undecided voters to choose Mitt Romney.
“That would be a disaster for America and we can’t let it happen,” she wrote. “We must close the funding gap.”
According to OpenSecrets.org, the two biggest conservative super PACs have spent a combined $160 million on behalf of Romney and other conservative candidates, which is nearly four times that of Obama’s biggest supporters, Priorities USA Action.
Barbra has not been shy about sharing her less than stellar opinions of Romney. At a recent show in Brooklyn she called the Republican nominee a “great actor.”
Read Barbra’s full letter here.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best