Train’s latest wine pays homage to the band’s hometown.
The trio’s fourth wine for their Save Me, San Francisco Wine Company was inspired by “the intensity and greatness” of Mavericks, one of the most iconic big wave surf areas in the United States.
Hella Fine Merlot, named after a line from their song “Save Me San Francisco” off the 2009 album of the same name, is a classic California Merlot that is flavored with dark chocolate and black cherry.
The best part is, the more you drink of the $15 wine, the more you help the kids. Proceeds from the wine go to the San Francisco charity Family House, which provides temporary housing to families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at the University of California San Francisco Benioff Children’s Hospital.
When it comes to drinking Train’s latest wine, guitarist Jimmy Stafford recommends you pair it with “gourmet pizza, grilled burgers of a view of the ocean along the coast.”
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Carson and Cane’s ‘Pissy Pat’ Goes Off On Intern Anthony
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Hands In The Cookie Jar’
- Win Passes To An Advanced Screening Of The Movie “Trolls”
- Bon Jovi Hits Broadway to Play New Album
- Lady Gaga Reveals ‘Joanne’ is about Her Sexually Assaulted Aunt
- 5 Best Songs on Lady Gaga’s Personal, Spirited ‘Joanne’