Drink Train’s New Wine, Help Raise Money For The Kids
Train’s latest wine pays homage to the band’s hometown.
The trio’s fourth wine for their Save Me, San Francisco Wine Company was inspired by “the intensity and greatness” of Mavericks, one of the most iconic big wave surf areas in the United States.
Hella Fine Merlot, named after a line from their song “Save Me San Francisco” off the 2009 album of the same name, is a classic California Merlot that is flavored with dark chocolate and black cherry.
The best part is, the more you drink of the $15 wine, the more you help the kids. Proceeds from the wine go to the San Francisco charity Family House, which provides temporary housing to families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at the University of California San Francisco Benioff Children’s Hospital.
When it comes to drinking Train’s latest wine, guitarist Jimmy Stafford recommends you pair it with “gourmet pizza, grilled burgers of a view of the ocean along the coast.”
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’